At Commnia, we drive communication as one of the pillars of success in any project. Purchase orders are created through the Commnia Inbox as an email message with a cost table with a status for each cost item.
Some of the benefits of creating Purchase Orders in Commnia include:
- Searching and reporting on purchase orders and filtering by status is quick and easy.
- Creating powerful reports
- Centralise all correspondence related to a project
- Link purchase orders to other emails
- Link purchase orders to Document Registers and other project-related documents
- Authorisation of Purchase Orders
- Attach related standard clauses/contracts to avoid future disputes
- Access to Purchase Orders from any device (Mobile / iPad and Desktop)
1. Create a Purchase Order in Commnia
From the main menu via Quick Add (+) click on New Email.
Select Purchase Order from Category Folder.
2. Add Recipients
Start typing the name of the contact to display a list of users from the project contact list.
Alternatively, you can click on the To, CC or BCC button to display the full global contact list.
The Send Privately function means that recipients will not see who else the email has been sent to in To Field.
If a contact is not already a part of Commnia, you are able to add them by clicking on the Create New Contact icon.
3. Enter Email Subject
Enter a subject for your new email message.
4. Complete Dynamic Fields
Enter any required information into the dynamic fields.
Standard Clause, copy and paste from a document, or insert directly from a custom template.
- You can Filter Standard Clause templates by any or all of the search options. The most popular filter is selecting a document category from the dropdown list.
- Select the template by clicking the checkbox.
- Click on the arrow to display the details of the Template Description.
- Once you have made a selection click Add to return your email.
To see how to create Custom Standard Clause Templates click here.
Cost Table will allow you to include a cost table with your email. You can apply a percentage admin charge which will add a fee based in the value of the cost table.
If you select Cost Table the following dialogue box will appear.
- Enter Description, Reference (optional), Qty, Rate of each unit.
- Select the GST option accordingly.
- Select Cost Status from the drop-down menu.
- Once Cost is entered click Add New Item.
- You can Edit costs by clicking on the Pen Icon or clicking the trash icon to remove it.
- Once you have entered all information into the cost table, click on Add to return to your email.
To learn more about adding a cost table in the email click here.
Authorisation will display a new field where you can either enter the details of the authorisation or insert them directly from a custom template.
To see how to add authorisation templates to the Inbox email click here.
5. Enter the Email of the Body
- Enter your email message into the description field.
- You can manually enter the body of your email, this field is in Html format meaning you can paste text and images directly from word or even your internet browser.
- Alternatively, select from a list of Custom templates.
To see how to create Custom Correspondence Templates click here.
6. Attach Files
Files can be attached to the email directly from Commnia Drive, the document register, from your local device or drag and drop files with no restriction on file size.
To learn more about how to attach files to email click here.
7. Send Email
Your email signature will automatically be included in every email communication. You can edit your email signature by clicking on the edit icon.
To learn how to create and edit your signature click here.
Once you've entered all information for your email, you can Preview it, Save it as a Draft or Send it.
Each Purchase Order that is created will be logged directly on to the Project Instruction register in Commnia Inbox, to see how to review click here.
Once you have clicked send, the receiver will receive the following formatted email with the option to view it as PDF Letter.