Commnia Inbox allows users to create a Tender Package with its Email functionality utilising document templates and complete traceability.
1. Navigate to New Tender Email
Navigate to the menu bar icon and search New Tender.
2. Add Recipients
A new email message will be opened with the document category already selected for tender request.
Start typing the name of the contact to display a list of users from the project contact list. Alternatively, you can click on the To, CC or BCC button to display the full global contact list.
Your Tender email will be Sent Privately which means that any recipient in the To field will not see who else has been included in the Tender package. However, It’s important to note that they will see who has been CC’d in the Tender.
- If a contact is not already a part of Commnia, you are able to add them by clicking on the Create New Contact icon
- To see how to Create New Contact - click here.
3. Enter Subject Line
- Enter a Subject line for your tender package
4. Complete Dynamic Fields
For a Tender Request, the default fields are Close By date and the option to include Addons.
You can apply a Due Date to your tender by selecting what type of action is required, and the date of when this action is due.
Click on Addons to include a Standard Clause, Cost Table and Authorisation.
- Standard Clause, copy and paste from a document, or insert directly from a custom template. To learn how to create a Custom Standard Clause Template click here.
- Cost Table will allow you to include a cost table with your tender as per the below example. You can apply a percentage admin charge which will add a fee based in the value of the cost table.
- Authorisation will display a new field where you can either enter the details of the authorisation or insert directly from a custom template. To learn how to create a Custom Authorisation Template click here.
The Template setup must be completed by a Commmnia Administrator.
5. Enter the Email of the Body
- Enter your Email Message into the description field. This field is Html which means you can copy and paste directly from emails, web pages and images.
- Alternatively, select from a list of Custom templates.
- The templates listed will be filtered based on Tender Request templates You can view templates for other document categories by changing the template filters.
6. Add Attachments
- Files can be attached to the email directly from Commnia Drive, the document register, from your local device or drag and drop files with no restriction on file size.
7. Send Tender Email
Your email signature will automatically be included in every email communication. You can edit your email signature by clicking on the edit icon.
To learn how to create and edit your signature click here.
Once you've entered all information for your email, you can Preview, Save it as a Draft or Send Privately.
Send Privately function only applies to recipients listed in the 'TO' field. However, It’s important to note that they will see who has been CC’d in the Tender.