Commnia's Auto Send Revised Documents (Smart Grid) feature is used to create transmittal's based on history.
The feature allows you to automatically identify document revisions that need to be sent to project users.
From the main menu, navigate to the Document Control, and click on Auto Send Revised Documents (Smart Grid).
Revised Documents will add any updated document revisions and will automatically display any trade groups and user groups who have not received the updated revision. This will ensure that your project team is working from the most recent revision.
A green tick will be applied where the document/trade group combination meets the document revisions that need to be sent to project users.
1. Exclude All Sent Documents - If this checkbox is ticked, it will not send a document to a user who has already received it. If you would prefer to send the documents to users regardless of whether they've received them, untick this box.
2. Manage Documents - Add additional documents from Document Register or Commnia Drive.
3. Manage Recipients - Add or remove trades and user groups.
4. Send all packages to all trades - will flag all documents to be sent to all user/trade groups in the grid.
5. Expand all Disciplines - shows documents category headings only, displaying a more succinct view of your transmittal grid.
6. Reset Grid - Click on Reset grid to remove all elements on the grid.
7. Show /Hide Document Description - Lists name of documents attached.
Changes can still be made to the transmittal grid before distributing.
The number above each trade/user group tells you how many of your contacts belong to that group.
By clicking on this number, it will display a list of those contacts and the ability to add other contacts to the group.
You can remove or view each of the document details by clicking on the 3 orange dotted lines. A snapshot of document details will pop up.
Each transmittal created in Commnia will ultimately be sent through Commnia's email function.
Once you have assigned all relevant documents to each trade/user group, you can save it as draft or click on the Create Transmittal icon to prepare your transmittals.
There are a few options available for modification.
The subject line will default to the document category of Document Transmittal but can be modified here by clicking Change, if you would like the changes to apply to all transmittal subject fields, click on Copy to All Transmittals.
Commnia will automatically consolidate recipients if they have been flagged to receive the same documents. Click on each Transmittal to show further details.
You can remove a listed contact by clicking on the x, to add more contacts you can click on +.
You can Remove a Document by clicking on the x, to add more documents you can click on Add More Documents.
Once you’re happy with the content, you can click Save As Draft or Send to distribute this transmittal. You also have the option to Send Privately. This means that your contacts will not see the other contacts who have been included in the transmittal.
Discard will take you back to the transmittal grid where you can make further changes to the grid.
Commnia will automatically send a formatted email with your transmittal to your contacts where they can download these documents directly from the email without needing to log in to Commnia.
The email includes an attached PDF Letter - the email description and file list.