Here we will show you how to record and manage defects for multiple locations in Commnia.
When there is one common defect in multiple locations, you can assign and manage defects across multiple areas in one entry.
1. Accessing New Defect
From Commnia main menu, click on Site Manager and New Defect.
2. Create New Defect
- You can specify the Priority of this defect, giving the people involved an idea of how important the defect is to complete.
- Enter the Due Date from the pop-up calendar.
- Enter the location, sub-locations from the drop-down list. If you would like to select multiple locations, click Select Multiple.
- Type the Name of the Responsible User or Company, and then select from the list of options to assign the issue to this user/company.
- Type a Description of the defect.
- Upload photos or documents from your local device or the register.
- Once you have finished and saved the defect, having the Create Another option ticked allows the entry to be copied a new defect. You can edit details accordingly for the entry.
- Click Save or Save & Send to create the defect. The Save & Send option will email the relevant contacts about the defect.
- Each defect contains a messenger style communication area, allowing the defect creator and owner to communicate on the defect. This may contain clarification questions or progress updates.
3. Select Multiple Locations
If you would like to record one common defect in multiple locations, click Select Multiple from the dropdown menu. You can do this for location and sublocations.
The maximum number of defects that can be recorded in one entry is 100. For example, if you had 5 buildings with 5 levels of defects that is a total of 25 defects. If you add 4 bedrooms of defects on each level that is 100 defects.
Click on the checkbox to select your locations.
If the location doesn’t exist, you can add a new location by simply typing in the text field. Once you have entered the new location click Add then click Save.
You will be taken back to the main Defect Entry page.
Click Save or Save & Send to create the defect. The Save & Send option will email the relevant contacts about the defect.
Once you click Save or Save + Send a pop up will appear asking you for confirmation.
Click Submit & Notify or Submit.
The defect for multiple locations is now added to the list.
When you need to create multiple new defects to a single user, click on the Save option. Once all defects have been created, you can create and send a report to this user listing all defects assigned to them.
New Defect | Desktop
Here we will show you how to record and manage defects in Commnia. Create a new defect, view existing, accept, complete, approve or reject defects. Assign defects and communicate with the relevant parties. 1. Accessing New Defect From Commnia main ...
Create New Site Issue | Desktop
Here we will show you how to record and manage Site Issues with Commnia. 1. Create New Site Issue From Commnia main menu, click on Quick Add button and New Site Task. Select Issue Type from the drop-down list. 2. Complete Issue Details You can ...
Assign Defects and Site Issues to the Builder
Clients, Project Manager and Consultants have the ability to assign Issues and Defects to the Builder. User is able to assign defects, tasks, issues to any other Commnia User as long as they are part of the same Project Contact List. If you cant see ...
Defect and Issue List | Desktop
From Commnia main menu, click on Site Manager and Site Manager. You’ll be presented with a summary screen displaying any open items that have been assigned to a user from your company, or by a user from your company. 1. Overview Use the Advanced ...
How to Create an Inspections and Checklists with Site Manager
Here we will show you how to record and manage Site Inspections and Checklists in Commnia. Create a new ITP, assign defects and communicate with the relevant parties. 1. Accessing Inspections and Checklists From Commnia main menu, click on Site ...